Acupuncture is a system of healing. Chris Chapleau, our Licensed Acupuncturist, will insert tiny needles into points in your body to bring about physiological change. These acupuncture points conduct the vital energy of the body known as Qi. Disruptions in this energy flow can cause pain or illness. Acupuncture corrects these imbalances and rarely causes side effects.
Acupuncture can be considered one of the most effective therapies available to stimulate the nervous system. Chris’ goal is to successfully integrate acupuncture as an adjunctive modality to other wellness services offered at Healthy Weighs Wellness Center to enhance the quality of treatment given to patients.
Other modalities that Chris utilizes are: cupping, gua sha, ultrasound, PEMF, electric stimulation, shockwave, and manual, herbal, and exercise therapy.
The World Health Organization (WHO) lists approximately four dozen different conditions that can be treated by acupuncture. The most common uses are:
- Musculoskeletal: Arthritis, Bursitis, Back pain, Tendonitis, Muscle weakness, Strains/Sprains, Myofacial pain, and Post-operative pain.
- Gastrointestinal: Colitis, Constipation, Diarrhea, Digestive problems, Hemorrhoids, and Liver conditions.
- Gynecological and Genitourinary: Painful menstruation, Kidney problems, PMS, Cramps, Sterility and impotence, Cystitis, Menopausal syndrome, and Infertility.
- Neurological: Bell’s Palsy, Headaches, Neuralgia, Numbness, Paralysis, Parkinson’s disease, Post-stroke Syndrome, Sciatica, Shingles, and Tremors.
- Psychiatric: Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, and Nervous tension.
- Respiratory: Allergies and Asthma.
- Ear, Nose, Throat: Sinusitis, Nerve Deafness, Meniere’s disease, and Tinnitus.
- Other: Addictions, Obesity, High Blood Pressure, and Fatigue.